Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

War Sport AR Case

 


 Today I received the War Sport AR case with pre cut foam, and to say that I was impressed would be an understatement. At the price point of $75 I was a little skeptical that it would be any better than the cheap cases you see at Walmart or the local gun shop, but this case is far better.

As soon as I removed it from the shipping box I noticed that the case was well made and just discreet enough to not scream "LOOK AT ME I'M CARRYING A RIFLE!!". There are multiple places on the case to put locks on if you are planning to travel with it, and the case seems rigid enough to withstand the abuse that most luggage sees during air travel. While it's not the quality of a Pelican case, it is much better quality than the usual cheap cases that are out there.


When I opened up the case I was impressed with the high density foam that was used inside, and that the cutout would work for nearly any AR load out that I currently have setup, or most any load out I have seen posted on various forums and pages. Having messed with the foam for the pelican case I use for traveling with handguns this was a breath of fresh air. Not having to mess with cutting or pulling foam is awesome, it's nice to just  remove the sections that I will be storing items in and not have to worry about over cutting a section.


Here are some of the specs directly from War Sports for the case-

Pre-cut cavities for the rifle, two mags slots (fits 2-3 mags each slot), suppressor slot, ammo/misc slot.

Weighs only 8 lbs.

Internal Dimensions are 41 x 13 x 4.5 

Fits most stocks and barrels up to 20"


As you can see in the above picture the inside of the case is universally cut, but still fits my rifle well enough to keep it from moving around when it's closed up. Needless to say, I would recommend this case to anyone who is looking for a nice case on a budget. I am personally thinking there will be a second one on order for my Blackout here in the very near future.





No comments:

Post a Comment