Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Introducing the JoeBobOutfitters Enhanced Spartan-15 Billet Lower

Recently I was given the opportunity to get my hands on the newly released Spartan-15 Enhanced Billet Lower from JoeBobOutfitters.com and I was more than excited to get it put together.

This will be an ongoing review of this lower, but right now I am going to write down my initial impressions of the lower and also some thoughts on the enhanced features that are on the lower.



The first thing that I noticed was how much attention to detail there was on this lower, the ridges underneath the mag release button make the receiver seem less bulky (which has been a complaint for me on other billet lowers). There weren't any visible tooling marks on the lower, and the finish was perfect. There weren't any blemishes to be found, and the coating is very smooth.

Visually it is an awesome looking lower.



While building the lower last night I was very impressed with two of the enhancements that have been done to this lower. The first was that there is no need for a roll pin to install your bolt catch, instead there is a allan flush head screw. No more having to mess with installing a stubborn roll pin? Count me in.



The next enhancement that I was really impressed with was the capture screw for the rear detent spring. Granted I had to cut the spring down to fit but not having to worry about accidentally bending the spring while installing the stock is a bonus.


Overall my first impressions of this lower are all extremely positive, and one of the things that I cannot wait to get my hands on is a BAD-ASS 45* selector for it.








1 comment:

  1. I love the way your mag release button fits with the lower, who makes your mag release?

    ReplyDelete