Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Some Quick Thoughts: Windham Weaponry .308 SRC

Yesterday I picked up the Windham Weaponry .308 SRC from my FFL, to say that I was stoked to get my hands on it would be an understatement. I was impressed by the rifle and it's quality at SHOT Show and have been looking forward to getting some range time with one since then.


The first thing I noticed out of the case (which the rifle comes with a rifle case which is better than a cardboard box) was the quality of the finish, it was very clean and the parts all looked to be good quality. It comes with a Houge rubber pistol grip instead of the standard plastic one, which is a nice upgrade. The other nice addition to the rifle is the fact that it comes with a 20 round PMag instead of the standard metal magazine.

The gas block is rail height which is awesome since you won't have to worry about purchasing a "gas block height" front sight, instead you can use your standard height sights. I know this was one issue I had with some other uppers I have picked up before and it sucks when you end up having to buy a special front sight to line everything up.

The trigger is nothing special, but it is smooth for a mil spec trigger. One thing that I found interesting is that they went with a flat trigger guard instead of a winter style. This isn't really that big of a deal I just found it different.


The first thing I did was toss on my Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 when I got the rifle home, and it just gave the rifle the right look.

I am really looking forward to getting this rifle out to the range and seeing how well it performs and getting some video of it being run. Make sure to subscribe to the email listing so you can receive the latest updates on posts, and also subscribe to the YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment