Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Hagwood Firestarter Kit

Recently I was contacted by Chris at Hagwood to check out his Firestarter kit, I of course jumped on the opportunity since I like to have things in my bug out bag that will help my family and I survive longer. I was very intrigued with the idea of a fire starter that would burn even when it was wet, not that I have to worry too much about that here in OK, but knowing that I would be able to do so is still very cool.



When the package showed up I was really impressed with the attention to detail that was put into packaging up all of the individual pieces of the kit, even the packets of sawdust were in there own neat little packet so they can be used individually. 


I was very pleased that the entire kit was vacuum sealed and as small as it is, when I tossed it into my bag it takes up very little room. I am sure that the new tins are pretty cool also, one is on my list to pick up soon.

I was curious to see if the wood actually lit when wet so I dunked it in a cup of water and let it sit for a bit while I was getting some stuff done around the house. I can tell you that it for sure will light even when wet and it will continue to burn, needless to say I was really impressed with that. 

I had also heard that it had a distinct smell when it's burning, and people have asked for a candle to be made with that smell in it. I agree, I would also like to have a scented candle that smells like burning Hagwood, it's hard to explain the smell but I can tell you it is very pleasant.

Overall, if you are looking for a great fire starter kit to have in your B.O.B. I would highly suggest grabbing a kit from www.hagwoodusa.com you will be glad that you did.


1 comment: