Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Bloggers and Professionals

Lately I have seen a lot of talk about how there are so many bloggers out there who talk a talk that they have never walked. There are plenty of Internet "Experts" out there because anyone with a computer can have a web page. However that doesn't mean that everyone has the knowledge or experience to back up what they are promoting, heck sometimes some of the advice I have seen is downright ridiculous and dangerous. 

I wanted to clear some things about myself, just in case there is any doubt that I am trying to be an Internet "operator" or "expert". These are things that I am not, I do not have the answers to everything, I haven't even had the opportunity to take any courses from some of the awesome guys we have here in our community, this is why I do not offer advice on things I know nothing about. I did serve in the military but being a mechanic in the Air Force the most I ever received was weapons familiarization on the M-16, and even that wasn't all that in depth.

I haven't gone through any armorers courses, or taken any gun smithing courses. Everything I do, I have taught myself to do or I have consulted with guys I have a great respect for, and have been doing gun stuff far longer than I have. I have also learned from my own mistakes and the mistakes of others, which many times has brought a greater understanding of my firearms.

I am always pursuing a better understanding of the gear and firearms that I use, and in that process I like to write down my thoughts and share them with you awesome people who follow this blog and my Facebook page, which I truly appreciate. 

I hope that as time goes on I will have the opportunity to attend classes and expand my knowledge, and be able to share what I have learned with you guys and gals. I'm just an average guy who likes to get out and shoot, tinker, build, and learn; I never expect to be a professional or to be a big name in the industry. Rather I just want to be that guy that can help new and old shooters alike by bringing attention to the awesome options that are available.

Again I really do appreciate each and every one of you who follows this page, and appreciate you following and participating in this journey that I have been on so far.

1 comment:

  1. TRAVIS,

    Thank you for the post.trust. ThanksFor your candor. no expert armorer either, though I had the awesome opportunity to use some of the greatest weapons ever made. Initially having a father who was both a Ducks Unlimited and International Big Game hunter chairI learned hunting to the finite. Then in the Navy in EOD we had many opportunities of another nature. Still does not make me an expert I hope to never stop learning. Although it is hard to know who to tryst

    ReplyDelete