Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rainier Raptor Charging Handle


With the many different AR's that I have owned over the past 2 years there has always been a piece of the builds that seemed to be lacking to me, I know that the mil-spec charging handle has worked just fine since the creation of the AR-15 but for me it was one of the pieces I felt the least comfortable with. It was hard to pull the charging handle with gloves on, or if a scope was mounted to the AR's that I had, so this was something that I always wanted to go a different route with.  So with the Spartan build being my "dream" build I decided it was time to get a charging handle that was designed with the most versatility, in steps the Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle.

The first thing that I noticed when I received my Raptor was that it is a very sturdy charging handle, rigid enough to take years of abuse and keep on going. It also has a very nice anodized finish, if there are any defects in it I cannot see them with my naked eye. Overall my first impressions were that this was one of the better purchases I have made for the build, little did I know how much I would enjoy using this charging handle when I finally finished the build and got out to the range.

With it's large ambidextrous latch release I can easily charge my AR now, I have tried using every finger on both hands and the latch releases every time, and thanks to the width of the latch releases it is very easy to pull back with one or two fingers. It operates with extreme ease and locks back in place with a very sturdy click, and once in place it does not rattle or move until you release it and charge the rifle again.

I noticed with gloves on and the magnifier that I had installed that it was still very easy to get a positive grip on the Raptor, even when I could not get my fingers to fit in between because of the gloves I am still able to "blade" the latch with my palm and charge the rifle. So far the Raptor has proven to work in every situation I think I can possibly end up in, and I am sure that there are many more that it will be willing to stand up to.

So far I have run around 300 rounds through the Spartan AR, and the Raptor has been nothing but willing to work every single time I have needed to use it, it is showing very little wear so far and I believe it will be a good long while before it starts to really show any major use. If you have felt like your mil-spec charging handle is lacking something I highly recommend checking into the Rainier Arms Raptor, I am extremely happy that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment