Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Spartan Build is Complete!

At the beginning of the year2 Vets Arms workshop and pick up the Spartan lowers I had preordered from them.  Yes, it was a long day of driving, but I feel that it was well worth making the 3+ hour trip to meet Dean and Amber face to face.  I am so glad that I found out about 2 Vets Arms when AR15News.com put up a picture of one of the builds that had been done for a customer.  It is really cool that they are from Oklahoma (my current home) and are both Veterans.  As I said in my Lock-N-Load Java review, I feel that it is important to support as many Veteran Owned Companies as we possibly can; they have offered their lives to this country - helping to grow their businesses is the least that we can do.
I had the opportunity to visit the

When we got down to the workshop, I was surprised to see just how small a business they actually are right now, but also immediately impressed by the number of rifles that they pump out despite their size.  If there is one thing I have learned lately, it is that the detail and care put forth by small companies that really makes for awesome quality products.  Dean and I talked shop while I was filling out the 4473.  It was great to talk with someone else who is just as excited as I am to show off and talk about guns.  After talking for a bit it was time for us to head out.  (I had taken my wife and 2 year old along for the drive, they both did amazing :) )  On the way out the door, Dean and Amber hooked us up with the a couple of t-shirts and stickers (which I appreciate more than most people would probably understand).

To say that I was excited to build one of the lowers when I got home would be an understatement.  I was literally grabbing tools and parts as I was unlocking the door to the house.  I had been waiting to get my hands on the lowers, and now that I had them in my possession I wanted to get one complete so I could scratch that lower building itch I had.  Everything went together smoothly and I could not be happier with the end result for the Spartan Build.

 Everything came together to make a fine firearm that I know will give me years of great range time.










No comments:

Post a Comment