Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

556 Tactical Stryker Compensator

Where do I start on this awesome compensator that I installed onto the Spartan Build?

I decided to get the Stryker Comp from 556 Tactical during their Black Friday sale, mainly based on a video that they had posted up showing just how well it kept the muzzle from rising during quick shots. Every other AR I have had always had the standard birdcage at the end, however there have been a few AR's I have shot that had compensators installed on them and it was something that I really wanted to have on my "dream" build.

I really liked the Stryker Comp the second I opened the box, the quality and finish of the compensator is above any expectations I could have had. It looks super mean and honestly I am pretty sure it would make a great up close and personal weapon when you run out of ammo. The overall design is very impressive with the wavy compensator ports and the crown like front, it gives the impression that it means business.

As far as how well the Stryker Comp performs, I have been very impressed by how well it handles single shots, double taps, and "rapid" fire. I have not once felt like the muzzle was rising during my time spent out at the range, actually during fast firing I felt it pushing the muzzle down which was a totally new feeling for me but something I have come to really like about it. The other very impressive thing is that when you are firing with this comp installed and you happen to be under a metal cover at the range, everyone knows you are there and that is not just because of the loud boom, it also resonates in your sinuses.

In closing I feel for the $49.95 this is a great compensator, and by far one of my favorites that I have had the opportunity to shoot with. 556 Tactical shipped extremely fast and I had the compensator within just a few days of the order.



No comments:

Post a Comment