Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Spartan Build- Lower

The base of the Spartan build begins with the 2 Vets Arms Spartan Lower, the awesome idea for these came about just a couple months ago when they had announced they were going to make these special editition lowers.



The proceeds were going to a very worthy cause so I pre-ordered 3 of them.

While waiting for the release of the lowers I started making a list of the parts that I have liked from the other AR's that I have owned in the past, I also started watching the usual sites for sales and awesome deals. With Black Friday approaching I knew that Palmetto State Armory would be having some great sales, so I kept a very close eye on the parts that I was looking for.

There are a few things that I have never cared for about the complete rifles you see in most gun stores.

First is the mil-spec collapsible stock, it's hard for me to find a good cheek weld with it, and I have never found it to be very comfortable when shouldering. The great thing is there are so many companies out there to choose from. For this build I went with the B5 Systems SOPMOD, it is extremely comfortable and well built.




Second is the trigger that comes in most stock AR-15's, they have always felt gritty and like they have a mile long trigger pull. After having the Geissele SD-E trigger in one of my old builds I will never be able to go back to a stock trigger. I found a smoking deal through PSA for a Geissele SSA-E trigger and the only difference between this and the SD-E is its not a flat face trigger. The reason I really like the Geissele triggers is that the pull is super predictable and the break is crisp and clean.

(This trigger has now been changed to the ALG ACT for our upcoming comparison reviews. [11/14/2013])



As far as the lower parts kit goes I went with the enhanced PSA kit, it comes with the Magpul MOE pistol grip, and the MOE trigger guard.



This is one lower that I am looking anxiously forward to putting together and getting the Spartan Upper mounted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment