Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

ODIN Works KMod Handguard Part 1


I recently had the opportunity to get my hands on the ODIN Works KMod 15.5" Handguard to install on the SpartanTC AR, as I have said in other reviews before I appreciate the quality that ODIN Works has been putting out there. So I figured that I would write down some of my thoughts on it before I do the installation on the rifle next week.

The KMod is the same quality that I have come to expect from ODIN, the overall finish and craftsmanship are great.Weighing in at 8.75 ounces (just the handguard) this is one of the lightest handguards I have come across in the 15.5" length. Even though it is a very lightweight handguard it does not feel like it is something that will break or bend easily like some of the other handguards that are out there.
                           

Being that it is .5" longer than the majority of the handguards that are currently on the market, it should sit right at the crush washer for the muzzle device once it is installed.

                       
                       

The barrel nut and mounting system for the handguard is a bit different than what I have seen from other companies before, however it seems like it will make it much easier for making sure that the gas tube hole is lined up properly. The use of the gas tube rod is pretty cool.

                      
                     

I am looking forward to getting this handguard installed and getting some range time with it. Make sure to check back for more info and reviews on the ODIN Works KMod Handguard in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment