Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frog Lube

There have been many different CLP's that have been released, and I have tried a number of them and they all did what they were made to do. Cleaning your firearms and equipment is something that I feel is very important and the products you use should help make cleaning quick and easy.

The first time that I saw Frog Lube I had been searching around the different forums looking for a CLP that was non hazardous and didn't smell awful, I had been using Strikehold but wanted to find something else. Each and every site and forum I ran across had people who had been using Frog Lube for varying amounts of time and each of them could not say enough about the product. Needless to say I was sold so I ordered this set from Amazon, and with Prime shipping I had it just a couple days later.

One of the very first things that I noticed when I opened up the paste jar was that it filled the work area with a very mild scent of wintergreen, talk about a big change over the normal chemical smell. I read the directions for applying it and went straight into stripping all of the old CLP off of my handgun using alcohol, rags, and q-tips. When I was sure that I had cleaned off as much of the old stuff as I could I laid the parts of the gun outside in the sun to warm up. By warming up the materials it makes it much easier to apply the paste, but it also allows the paste to sink down deep into the pores of the materials. After the parts had warmed up I applied the paste to them and let them sit for about half an hour to cool down and the paste to solidify again before wiping the excess off, the thing that blew me away was when I wiped off the excess the amount of dirt and grime that had been pulled out of the material was pretty astonishing. I thought I had done a pretty good job of striping the parts down and removing all of the grime but there was plenty left over that had been removed by the Frog Lube, needless to say that was the first thing that had me sold and hooked on using Frog Lube exclusively.

Every firearm I have has been treated and cleaned with the Frog Lube paste and the liquid, I have found that when at the range even with hundreds of rounds between cleanings that the guns continue to stay slick in all of the critical areas. Also cleaning has become much easier since most of the time all I really have to do is take my microfiber cloth to the parts and wipe away the grime. I have only applied the paste once and haven't really seen the need to reapply it on any of the firearms at this point but I am sure after 1,000 rounds fired I will, but for now if I feel that there is an area that needs a little more attention or cleaning I will use the liquid from the kit and it usually will take care of any spots that may have become a little more grimy than others.

Overall I can say that I suggest Frog Lube if anyone is looking for a new CLP, especially if they are wanting a non hazardous one. The wintergreen smell makes the work area a little more pleasant to work in. So if anyone is looking to switch to something new make sure to go and check out their website and store.

No comments:

Post a Comment