Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Initial Thoughts on FIREClean

So I am sure many of you have seen the review that I did about Froglube last month, one thing that I did not post was that Froglube does not work very well on NiBx BCG's. I found this out on the last trip I took out to the range. I loaded the magazine up, charged the AR and sent the first round down range. While that first round went down range the excess froglube that was on the BCG sprayed out of the upper from any opening that it could, my face was covered in it. That was the last time I will use Froglube on a NiBx BCG.

In steps FIREClean, when I had contacted them about my giveaway they sent over a little extra for me to use and review. I had been hearing and seeing a lot of great things about it, and I had been curious to try it out. So when they sent the extra bottle to me I was more than excited to try it out.

I took my BCG out of my AR and cleaned off whatever was left over from the Froglube before and gave it a nice cleaning and lube using FIREClean.

I will say this, I am extremely impressed by how well it cleaned the grime on the BCG and even helped to lighten up some of the staining that I was seeing from use. Although the BCG wasn't super dirty I still took a before and after picture of the bolt, and you can see the difference between them.

The NiBx was slick before but now it slides out of my hand if I'm not gripping it tight enough. When installed in the upper it glides really smooth.

I am really looking forward to getting some range time and run a few hundred rounds down range and see how easy it is to clean the rifle up afterwards. Once I have done that I will post up another report on it along with before and after pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment