Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

INFORCE APL (Initial Thoughts)

Last month my INFORCE APL arrived and I was extremely surprised at how light the package was, but then again with the APL only weighing in at 2.83 ounces that was to be expected. I had been reading some great reviews on these from some reviewers out there and decided that I wanted to give it a try, plus the lighter weight of the light was something that I wished my TLR-1 had.

When I first took the light out of the box I was surprised by how sturdy the body of the light was especially considering that it weighs so little. The mounting system on it is very nice, it literally makes installation a snap, no thumb screw to tighten it down just a nice firm lever.

The light is very bright (200 Lumens), yes I know there are many other lights out there that offer higher lumens but honestly if your using this for your home protection gun I see absolutely no issue with it as it will pretty well screw up your night vision if your on the receiving end. Standing in my backyard the light is more than substantial to completely light up my fence on the opposite side while also flooding the rest of the yard with light.

The two options for lighting are constant and momentary, to switch constant on all you have to do is click either switch down and remove your finger and the light will stay on until you want it off. Momentary is a pretty innovative idea in the fact that you keep your finger depressed on the switch to activate the light, and then once you remove your finger the light automatically shuts off, I have found that messing around with the INFORCE APL attached to my AR this is my favorite mode.

As far as actual sturdiness and use on a firearm I have not had the opportunity to make a run out to the range with it yet but once I do I will make sure to post a followup and range report. For around the house sturdiness I have dropped it a couple times and it doesn't show any scratches or dents, but I would definitely like to put it through a bit of a torture test in the future.















2 comments:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Follow our signals NOW & gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete