Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Deep Concealment Rig IWB Holster

As many of you know I recently lost my source to the awesome Kydex holsters I was having made, but I don't blame him for taking time away from making holsters because family comes first.

So I had to start searching around to see what other companies were still small, and had a short turnaround time since there were 2 new guns heading into my collection. When I put the feeler post out there that I was looking for a new holster maker you guys and gals offered up some great options and I appreciate it very much.

This holster was made by Rogers Custom Kydex Holsters, it is smaller operation but the turnaround time isn't obscenely long as it is with some of the other manufacturers out there. Also the communication is awesome every question that I had was promptly answered, this is always a major plus when working with a new company.

I decided to with the Deep Concealment Rig for my M&P Shield since I prefer to carry IWB the majority of the time, it is just easier to conceal in every season. When I had talked with RCKH and let him know what it was that I had been looking for in an IWB holster he highly suggested the DCR, and I am glad that he did.

The holster is very small but not so small that it feels inadequate to carry the Shield, it is in my opinion just the right size. There have been other IWB holsters that I have seen that were huge for such a small gun and I have never really understood why they were made that way.

The J-Hook placement and single screw attachment are perfect for me to adjust the holster to where it is the most comfortable for me to wear throughout the day. The J-Hook itself is tough and seems like it will hold up for a very long time, even with practice drawing and holstering.

The retention of the holster is perfect, the gun requires just enough pull to get it to release from the holster, not so much that it requires you to yank really hard but not so little that it "falls" out of the holster. Right now my holster is a little tight when I put the gun in it but I am sure that over time that will change a bit and it will require a little less force to go in.

The fit and finish show that there was plenty of care put into the making of the holster, there aren't any rough or sharp edges to be found. The overall attention to detail lead to a very well made holster, that is comfortable to carry and doesn't dig into your body.

Overall I am very happy with this holster so far, I will be doing a follow up review for it here in a month or so to report on how well the holster is holding up and if there are any issues that I run into. However at this point I can say that I would use Rogers Custom Kydex Holsters again when another gun makes it's way into my collection.








1 comment:

  1. paddle holstersWelcome to DeSantisHolster.com, your online source for the finest Concealment Holsters, Inside the Waistband Holsters and Gun Holsters.

    ReplyDelete