Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sig Sauer SP2022 Update and Sig Customer Service

So last week I took the SP2022 out along with 3 other firearms that I hadn't had the chance to take to the range yet, I had extremely high hopes for the SP2022 being that it is a Sig and Sig is known for putting out rock solid firearms. Well this trip proved to be quite different for the SP2022, but let me start off by saying that I field stripped and cleaned it just like I do with every other firearm that I buy, and I also treated and lubed it with Frog Lube.

When I first took the SP2022 out at the range I was very excited to shoot it because it reminds me very much of a polymer version of the Sig p226 that I owned when we first moved from CA to OK, I absolutely love the ergonomics and the balance of it so I knew it would be a joy to shoot. However my hopes for it were quickly dashed against the rocks and shattered, The first pull of the trigger everything worked as advertised and it was just as comfortable and controllable as I had hoped, the second pull of the trigger was mushy and wouldn't go all the way back so I tapped and racked the firearm and bang it fired again, however the next trigger pull was the same as the second. I though that maybe the mag was the problem so I dropped it out and cleared the weapon and put in the other mag that I have. Racked the slide back and bang first trigger pull did what it was supposed to, second trigger pull nothing.

I used the de-cocker to lower the hammer and started to check the firearm over to make sure that there weren't any hang ups or issues visible, that was when I realized that the slide wasn't going all the way back forward after the first shot. So I slapped the slide forward and put the target in my sights and pulled the trigger, it worked, but every single shot required that I slap the slide forward. I know that Sig's are notorious for stiff springs and wrote it off as that, but after firing well over 100 rounds through it I was still having the same issue and decided I needed to call Sig and see what they could do to help me figure out the issue.

It took a little over 15 minutes to get through to the customer service at Sig which I don't consider all that bad since I have had to wait a lot longer to talk with other companies before. The service agent on the line was more than helpful, we discussed the typical break in issues and lubrication issues of Sig and I was given the option to either take it back out to the range and see about running another 100 or so rounds through and see if it was just a break in issue, or I could send it back for the Armorer to take a look at it. With ammo as scarce and as expensive as it is right now I chose to send it back and have them fix it for me, there was absolutely no issue with doing this either Sig was more than willing to email me a prepaid shipping label to get it to them.

Overall minus the fact that the pistol was a flop directly out of the box I am still excited to get it back and get some more range time with it, the customer service at Sig Sauer was awesome and it definitely reassured me that when I receive the firearm back I can be sure that it will be working like it should or they will continue to do what's needed to make it right.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your gun back? What was the problem? I have the same pistol and it's been flawless (over 1200 rounds fired so far)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a SIG Nightmare, and it is a NIGHTMARE!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete