Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Shellback Tactical COBRA belts

Ok so for a long time I was using a belt that was very old and badly needed to be retired, but I always had a hard time bringing myself to spend the money on a quality belt. When I finally spent the money on one I went with OSOE's Cobra belt off of the recommendations of a few forums and reviews, I was happy with it when I got it and the quality was pretty good but not as good as some people had raved. Yea I may have gotten one that wasn't up to snuff but it just felt like it wasn't the quality I had been led to believe it would be. So I kept looking for the same style belt but from a different company, and like before I had a really hard time bringing myself to spend the money on one. Then recently AR15News.com posted that Shellback Tactical had Cobra belts in stock and there was a sale on them, so I placed my order for one.

Let me say that the shipping time from Shellback Tactical was phenomenal, from the time I placed the order to when it arrived in the mail it was a week and a half. That was more than impressive to me since many of the other sites had lead times of 3-4 weeks to make the belt and then ship it out, and if many of you are like me it's hard waiting to get new items that you ordered.

The first thing that I noticed when I removed the belt from the packaging was that the stitching was very clean, no loose fibers or ragged ends. The belt itself was much more rigid than the OSOE belt that I had and the overall construction of it just felt like it was better quality.

When wearing a holster on the belt it does great, it holds the loops of the holster tight enough to keep it from shifting yet allows me to change the position of the holster as needed without having to completely loosen the belt. When using an in waist band holster the belt keeps it in place and holds the J-Hook steady when drawing my M&P Shield.

The belt is stiff but not so overly stiff that it is uncomfortable, and honestly most of the time I don't even really notice it almost like it is just meant to be there. The original belt I ordered had impressed me so much that I sold my OSOE and ordered the SBT Cobra that comes without the D-ring.

Shellback Tactical's pricing is also extremely fair when compared to many of the other companies out there, and their shipping rates are very reasonable. Overall I am very happy with both of the belts that I own, and when it is time to replace one of them I plan on ordering another one from SBT.























No comments:

Post a Comment