Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Troy BattleMags

I know that there are a lot of people that are PMags or nothing, but right now in the uncertain times of magazine availability and the possibility of a magazine size restriction looming, you have to really look at the other options that are out there. One of those options which is currently still in stock at Primary Arms are the Troy BattleMags, the pack of 3 is $69.99, not quite what they were a few months ago but still a fair price for mags in stock.











As far as the fit of the magazines in the rifle, they fit perfectly there is zero wiggle and they lock in perfect every time. I have run these mags out at the range only 2 or 3 times and have not run into any issues with them yet, they have dropped freely every time and the springs are more than strong to push every last round to the top. I have dropped them right out of the rifle and into the Oklahoma red dirt and loaded them back up without cleaning them and they still work. So far I have been impressed with them and I look forward to giving them more abuse in the near future.










I am planning on doing a bit of a torture test on them in the near future (hopefully when ammo becomes reasonably priced and available again) and once I do that I will be posting a follow up of this initial impressions review. For now though I can recommend these magazines, and if you find them don't hesitate to pick them up, just don't pay the crazy amount of $125 for 3 like I have seen at some gun shows lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment