Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Olight M10 Maverick

During SHOT Show I had the opportunity to stop and check out the Olight Booth and talk with them about the lights that they are offering. When I got back home I needed to order a light to put into the holder that I received from ODINWorks, so I looked around a bit and found the M10 Maverick. When I ordered it I thought it was the right size for the holder, but when I received it I realized it was much smaller than I had originally thought so it could't be used in the holder. It was however the perfect size for pocket carry with my EDC setup.

Some specs on the M10 Maverick:
Weight:1.9 oz
Length:3.7 inches
Bulb:LED
Lumens:350


As I stated above this light was far to small to fit into the mount that I had, but it's size makes it perfect for an EDC setup. With the tail cap button it is very easy to switch the light on and off, the tail cap switch also allows you to easily switch the light to strobe mode. The white button you see in the picture above gives you the ability to switch the light between 3 different modes of brightness. 

While the 350 lumens is extremely bright I find myself using the middle brightness as it is not so bright that it makes my eyes strain in the dark. 


There have been a few flashlights that I have owned, some have been extremely cheap and not held up and others on the expensive side and also have not held up. The Olight M10 flashlight is in the middle ground for pricing, with an MSRP of $59.99 you can easily find one for under $45 and the quality that you receive is very nice. The overall finish of the flashlight is clean, and the square checkering makes it easy to keep a good grip on the light. The pocket clip that comes with it is also very sturdy, and holds very well to both the flashlight and my pockets.



So far I have been impressed with the Maverick and look forward to putting it through some paces over the next few month. I really like the size and weight of the flashlight, and am also very happy with how easy it is to switch between modes especially since it is a separate button that allows you to do so on the fly.

Make sure to check back as there will be more posted on this light as I continue to carry it and put it to use over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment