Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bastion Mag Plates and Back Plate

A few weeks back I had posted about the Glock back plate and mag base plates that I received from Bastion, and now that I have had some time with them I wanted to write my thoughts down on them.


Installation of the plates was fairly easy as far as Glock plates go (if you've removed them before you have an idea of how they can be a pain sometimes). They fit perfectly onto the bottom of the magazines, and are extremely sturdy once installed. 

A great thing about them is that they are aluminum so they add a little bit of weight to the mag, which of course assits in helping them drop when the mag release is pressed. During my Combat Focus Shooting course there was not one instance where these mags had an issue with dropping out of the gun. It was also nice to know exactly which mags were mine since my logo was right on the bottom.



As you can see in the above pictures they took some abuse during the class. I'm sure they were dropped more than a couple dozen times into the Oklahoma red dirt and rocks, yet the one with color still looks great. 

I can say after getting a lot of use with them during the class that I can recommend these plates to anyone who is thinking about getting them. Not only are you getting a "personal" touch for your Glock and it's magazines but you are getting solid plates that are up for the abuse.

The staff over at Bastion are great too, quick to answer questions and help out however they can.

If you'd like to get your very own SpartanTC Reviews mag plates for your Glock, M&P, or XD head on over to the link below and place your order.




No comments:

Post a Comment