Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

ThinkFast Holsters IWB and Mag Pouch


Around a month ago I received my IWB holster and Double Mag Pouch from ThinkFast Holsters. With as often as I go through guns I had decided to hold off on ordering one for the Glock 19 until I was sure it was going to stick around. I have dealt with several different Kydex holster makers over the past year and a half, so I know what I like and what I don't like. 

The IWB holster and the Double Mag Pouch from ThinkFast are both great quality works of Kydex and there is a great deal of pride that is put into making them.


The IWB holster is comfortable in the appendix position for an extended period of time, even during the 16 hours I wore it during Combat Focus Shooting last weekend. With the sweat guard being a lower cut than some of the other in waistband holsters I have had, I've noticed that it doesn't poke me in the spare tire and make me wish I had worn on OWB holster instead. At the same time the sweat guard is still tall enough to help keep my undershirt from being caught between the gun and the holster (not 100% of the time though).



As you can see in the top 2 pictures the mounting hardware for the loops has been set back and away to keep from doing any damage to your gun while drawing or holstering. This is a feature that I appreciate since my Glock is "fancy".


The soft loops are now my favorite type of loops for an IWB holster, j-hooks are nice but I like the way the soft loops completely lock around the belt versus just sitting behind and under like j-hooks.

.

ThinkFast does a great job of making sure that all edges that come in contact with your body have been smoothed and rounded. When carrying appendix style I don't feel the holster jabbing me in my leg, which is a big plus


The double mag pouch is also very well made, it sits closely to the body making it easy to conceal. Having the center screw for adjusting the amount of retention is a nice touch, I have other mag pouches that do not have this and the mags tend to stick in them since they are a bit of a tight fit.



The loops on the mag pouch are awesome! They are injection molded and are solid. I've snagged the holster a couple times on doorways and such and felt the holster give a good tug on my belt, where other pouches with Kydex formed into loops possibly would have broken.

One thing I have noticed however is that the screws have loosened up a couple times, it's not a big issue as I expected there would always be some small maintenance that would need to be done to any holster that uses screws for mounting.

Overall the mag pouch and IWB holsters are great, I'm sure they will both give me a long life of service. Also an added plus is that the customer service with ThinkFast Holsters is great, and they are quick to answer any questions you may have.

I highly suggest if your looking for a great holster to take a look at what ThinkFast has to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment