Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2 New Builds for 2014

With the release of 2 new limited edition lowers by Aero Precision I decided it was time to work on some new builds this year. For me the fun is in the planning and building, while taking the finished build out to the range is the reward. There has always been something about planning out a build, purchasing the parts, and bringing everything together into a complete rifle.

One of them will be an AR Pistol build, which will be going on the Ghost Gun lower. I am looking at going with a 10.5" barrel setup, and hopefully running it with a piston system. The pistol buffer will be the PWS Enhanced Pistol Buffer tube, which I have heard great things about. The muzzle device will likely be a Lantac Dragon or a Compensator from S.W.O.R.D. Intl. Still working to figure out which pistol grip, trigger, sights, etc will be going onto this build. The plan is to eventually SBR the pistol.



The other will be a rifle build, the base of the rifle will be the PewPewPew lower. Since I ordered it with the matched upper receiver it will be a complete build from the ground up. The barrel will be a 14.5" .223Wylde from ODIN Works, I have been hearing nothing but awesome things about these barrels and cannot wait to get my hands on one. The hand guard will most likely be from Fortis, since I am looking at getting my hands on a piston kit from Adams Arms and the Fortis rails both look awesome and work well with the AA Piston Kit. This rifle will be using the Hiperfire 24C trigger, along with the Umbrella Corp pistol grip, and a few other upgrades that I will list as the build planning goes on.


If anyone can think of any parts or items that should go on either of these builds post them below in the comments and I will take them into consideration, after all I don't know about everything that is on the market and enjoy learning about new stuff.

These are 2 projects that I am really looking forward to writing about, and sharing video as they progress. So make sure to subscribe to the email list to receive updates whenever they are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment