Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Windham Weaponry Booth SHOT Show 2014

While I did not get to talk with any of the reps from Windham Weaponry I did have the opportunity to check out a few of the items that they brought with for the show.

One of the first things I noticed when walking up to their booth were the wood furniture AR's, they stood out among everything because they were different. Every other AR I saw during the show essentially looked like the other, but these were different.



While they are only a prototype I hope that Windham will release them onto the market at some point because they are awesome.

The other rifle that caught my eye was their new AR-10 SRC (Sights Ready Carbine), while there are many AR-10's out on the market there aren't many in the lower price ranges that are decent quality. After checking out their AR-10 I thought it felt sturdy while still being light (7.5lbs without mag or optic), and although there are a number of pieces I would end up changing, it is just right at the MSRP of $1413.

I had some pictures with it, unfortunately they were lost when the computer did it's own thing. So here is the spec sheet from Windham Weaponry.


I am looking forward to getting some time with the SRC .308 once I have my hands on it, since my experience with the WW AR-15 was so good. This is one company that is building affordable AR's that are great quality, and I look forward to seeing what else they bring out in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment